Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Another Birthday and Blessed RAIN : )

Today is my mom's birthday. So if any of you across the ocean see her, wish her a Happy Birthday for me. I wrote a note when I awoke this morning. I considered doing what they did. My family called me at 1 am my time Tuesday morning. If I got up at six, it would be 2 am there.... nah, I will resist.

I had a nice morning in Njufen. I think I am enjoying my time as the only TUBAAB in NK. It has been quiet, but I have lots of visitors when it isn't raining.

Yes, I have been asking for prayer for rain. IT finally arrived. We have had some very good rains. No reports on houses falling yet and the majority of the peanut crop should survive the drought spell. PTL!!! No real windy storms that cross the ocean and threaten Florida.

I have been asked several times if I am ready to go to the fields to hoe. It isn't done the way I did it when I was a kid. They use a small handled hoe and bend at the waist, straight back and legs. My Body Mechanics nursing instructor whould have a cow.

Have a great day. I am off to study to the sound of rain on coragate. Dinaa janga Olof bu ma degga tow mu daanu ci kow suma sanka. :) It is a kind of relaxing sound, unitl the rain comes down hard, then you can't hear to think.

P.S. Church went well yesterday. I have one or two more weeks on my own.

1 comment:

darlene said...

Hey Suellen. I liked reading your blogs so I thought I would try my hand at it too. But I love what you add it gives me a more personal update.
lots of love
dar