Friday, July 13, 2007

God's Amazing Provisions

Have you ever been bowled over by God's amazing provisions?



Let me share my week with you.... It has been a truely amazing week as I sit back and reflect on what God has accomplished.



Teresa went to Banjul over the weekend to get supplies and meet her friend Robin. The van that she was driving developed clutch problems. (Praise the Lord it was on the right side of the river for that kind of problem.) Our truck was in Banjul waiting to be brought out here, so Teresa had access to a car immediately.



Jean was able to get packed up and headed home (she should be in Dunkirk by now... say hi to everyone there for me). She was feeling strong when she left and not worn to a frazzle.



I awoke from my mid day siesta (not what it is called here.... but you all know what I mean) because I had neighbors sitting outside my window waiting to visit with me. The story I heard was not a good one. My namesake's grandson fell out of a tree and landed on his head. Okay, scarey enough if you live in America the land of advance life support. But this is The Gambia. God provided in that Teresa was able to hop in the ambulance, find the boy, find one of our treaters and then find the driver to have MM driven to the referal hospital. Upon arrival there, our driver, who is not allowed to drive the vehicle across to the city hospital, was told the ambulance for the referal hospital was in the bush. Thankfully the boys father had a mobile phone, he called NK, his son ran here to find Teresa and ask if our driver could take the car across. By the time they reached the city hospital (the referal hospital is 30 minutes from here and the city hospital is a ferry ride away, you can count on it taking an hour) MM was talking and able to walk out of the ambulace. He was checked over briefly and returned home the next day. We are praising God for sparing this young man's life.

Then last night... I received a phone call. I know you think so what. I think my phone has only rang twice in the two months I have been back. It should have rung more, but I had it unplugged (sorry mom and dad). Well the phone call was from the States and from a yong lady who spent three months here a few years ago. She is currently at ABWE's candidate class. She called to let me know that God has given her perfect peace... she is joining our team! What an answer to prayer! Sarah is a delight... she actually said, "mom, I am coming home!" Please continue to pray for the Lord to provide more missionaries for the work here.

Today, there was another request by a man to hear more about the true reason we are here. We praise the Lord for these opportunities. We truely feel the need to have committed men to come and invest in the lives of these men.

I trust you can see amazing provisions of God in your lives.

No comments: