Monday, July 23, 2007

Life at Ker Tubaab




Well, I have survived Day 3 as the only tubaab in Ndungu Kebbeh. I went to the village today to visit with a friend and then had a bunch of visitors this afternoon. The women ask if I am brave to spend the nights here by myself. I tell them I am not alone. I have God and two watchmen.








I thought I would share some of the photos from the other day.




This is my language helper and her visitor is holding my helpers one month old infant. Yes, on day two of teaching me, she gave birth.




Well, I am trying to upload photo number three, but... it might not be working. It is time to hit the sack.

1 comment:

Youngevity said...

Brianna and Garrett are staying with us this week. They remember you from Kim's. Brianna tells of eating a caterpillar on a school field trip. Of course it went through a cleaning process and was served with cream cheese.

Brianna says HI. Garrett is trying to use Lind's sweater machine.

Keep the posts coming. It's nice to hear you are doing well.