Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Most Unwelcome Visitor


Well, tonight was pizza and a movie night. A few years ago we started out with Friday night game night. It has evolved over the years and the Lippy family turned it into Pizza and a movie night. Teresa kept up the tradition for the four ladies last year. Tonight I hosted as Teresa is heading to Banjul and was out of some of the needed ingredients. We watched a favorite film of Jean's as she is preparing to return to America for her furlough.


It was what came after the movie. I decided to return my house to order before going to bed. I saw something in a dark area of the room coiled up near the table leg. On closer inspection it was a 12 inch baby snake! GROSS!! ICK!!! YUCK!!! You name it, it was in my house and didn't belong there. I called my two comrades in arms... as those of you that know me well can imagine I didn't want to go any where near it... baby or not. Teresa and Jean traped it into a container. PTL! I have it outside the house... to show other little and big snakes what will happen if they come near my house. Pray we (our watchmen, that is) catch/kill the big black snake that is rooming the compound.
Pray I can sleep tonight and the nights to come. I may need to find a pair of snake shoes in Banjul. (Something safer than a flip-flop.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING YOUR CROCS? WOULDN'T THEY BE MORE PROTECTION FOR YOU?

I LOVE YOUR DAILY NEWS REPORTS. THANKS