Monday, March 3, 2008

SORRY.... LIFE GOT BUSY

Okay, seems to me I left you hanging about our Field Council meetings.

Oh, and I have to say, it was not my cousin who mentioned feet photos. It was a friend from NY. Yeah, that narrows it down!

So, on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we met for prayer, evaluation and future planning.



Only one pair of feet are missing. I should let you see their faces, but this was just too much fun. I happened to find a mood ring at a shop while in Banjul that weekend. I purchased it and wore it to help others know how I was doing. I even had a bunch of those little slip of papers to tell you the colors... but I forgot to give them out. The SPTs enjoyed a few laughs becasue of the ring.

This is Barney and Adelia Robison. Barney is from Canada and LOVES Tim Horton's coffee. They have been in The Gambia for years. This summer they head home on furlough and to the weddings of two children and the birth of their first grand child.






This is Nola and Max (hiding in the shadows) Tucker. They also have a daughter getting hitched this summer. It is the year for weddings on the Gambian team. Their youngest, Abby, is the only MK on the field right now. I try to spoil her. (She lets me be a kid!)






After FC, the SPTs finished our shopping and errand running. Wednesday morning we loaded up the car and headed home. We had a three hour wait at the ferry. It was a bit HOT! and sunny that day.
I had the backseat with the luggage, once again. Taking a picture of yourself is always a fun time. You might wonder what we do while waiting at the ferry. I will let you check out Joann'e blog for that. She got some great shots. I was hiding from the sun.

Teresa likes to crochet. Usually we all have a book or two. Joanne can go through a book really fast. Makes it nice for me. She can read it and then I can get it after her, I won't have a long wait.
We recently had some visitors and when they came out to NK they walked onto the ferry. I met them in Barra. They brought us some goodies but couldn't fit them into their hand carry on. So, we had the bag of goodies with us for the return ferry trip. It had Triscuits, which made for a great lucnh, especially when added to some Joanne's tuna fish.


The best find, was a Mad Lib book. It was funnier in that it was on Ice Age and we were sweltering in the heat. It provided some great entertainment.
Now, the guys loading the ferry really do it TIGHT. It is a little nerve wracking for a newbie. I remember one visitor who was so shocked at how tight we were. That day she couldn't put her arm down between our vehicle and the one next to us.

Getting off the ferry is more of a challenge. Foot passengers and vehivles are all trying to leave at the same time. Makes it very interesting, especially if you are following a mother with one child on her back and the toddler walking along beside.

Now what do you suppose a aviation fuel truck is doing in Barra? Who knows! We thought this was a picture perfect moment.

No comments: