Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today was a great day! The temperature was moderate (only 94 in my house!) and there was a light breeze all day. I ran around a lot. Today was immunization day for the children of our village. The ladies all come in very nice clothes and chat as they wait in line. It makes for a loud, colorful morning. Some days the ladies from our village get a little pushy, but today, they were all getting along well.
I started our yard workers on some fun jobs. : ) They knocked termites off fence posts in preparation for creosote. The application of that will occur Friday, as I will be going to Banjul and would prefer to be gone for the worst of the smell. Then they began scrapping my duplex. It is past tiem for our buildings to be whitewashed. They decided their boss's home should be the first. I was glad it wasn't a really hot day. Their
work looked a little hot to me. They were happy with the job, especially after I found some protective eye wear and a face mask. I did tell them they looked UGLY. I also promised to print them each a copy of their photos. We have 13 buildings that need to be done. It could be a very time consuming job.
The shades are complimentary from my eye Dr at Wal-Mart. The guys thought they were a bit strange, they have no bows. But they work. The masks are compliment of the hospital. It comes in handy to have that near by. : )
A visitor arrived today. A Dr. and her family have come for a month. I will be heading into Banjul to help them prepare for their trip to Ndungu Kebbeh. In other words, I get to help her buy supplies for a month. It is a bit of an overwhelming tasks for those of you who live close enough to a store to just run out and get it.
The highlight of my day was at 5 pm. I started the teaching time with the children at our library. It was a fun time and I am looking forward to resuming a regular schedule of weekly clubs.
Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

darlene said...

BWI June 16th for how long will you be there. I will be in the states for nine months for my furlough. I hope I will be able to see you do you have a layover and how long will you be in the states?