Saturday, March 29, 2008

Answered Prayer

My morning started bright and early, for me that is. I asked God to give Jim and I wisdom and the ability we needed to restore water to our compound. We headed to the tool shed to gather items we would need. Then it was off to the watershed. I had turned all the systems off last night, since nothing was working. This morning upon arrival at the watershed. I turned on all the switches for the solar. As Jim and I were reviewing Duane's notes, we heard music to our ears. The solar pumps were working!



It was time to face this beast. The Lister generator. Takes two to start, you have to hand crank it. Jim and I worked in unison and praise God it started on our first attempt.




The next step was checking into the electrical panel. Can you believe it, Duane had such detailed instructions for me. Jim and I checked and double checked. We replaced a capacitor... sounds more difficult than it was. The big conclusion.... the pump needs replacing.




However, we could not find the replacement pump. I placed a phone call to the team on the south bank. We have water. (The sun isn't the best today, but we will be able to shower and drink!)

They will begin the search for a pump. Jim and I may still get to replace it.

Thanks for your prayers!



No comments: