Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ode to a Visitor.... Flat Brylee

For those of you who are regular post readers... this post is for Mrs. Eibel's class at Firelands Elementary School in Oberlin, Ohio. You may learn something, feel free to read along.

It was a really long trip to Suellen's. I began to think I would never get out of the envelope. But finally one day, there I was out in the sun and meeting Suellen face to face. She was a break from the clinic where she works... and found mail in her mail box. Apparently this is NOT a common finding. So, she was really surprised! Me too. It was hotter than I thought it would be. I went back to the clinic with Suellen. She kept busy. I learned that there is a nasty disease carried by the mosquitos here. It is called Malaria. I saw some really sick kids. It made me sad and kind of nervous... mom and dad wouldn't like it if I got Malaria while I was here. Suellen told me she would give me some medicine to take once a week while I was here and for a month after I return to America. I don't want ot take medicine, but I don't want Malaria either.






When Suellen finished at the clinic,
we headed to her house.
This is what I saw in front of her door.







I am so glad I didn't see what was inside of it. Here is a picture of it next to Suellen's shoe. The people here call it the snake's shirt. I guess I have something else to watch out for... Malaria-mosquitos and snakes. Hmm.









Ride 'em!


Suellen actually has a very nice house. She even
has it decorated for Christmas. You should hear
her try to explain Snowmen to the Gambians.
She has a tree with lights, but doesn't get to turn
on the lights too much because she only has two
batteries.
This is a picture of her outlet in the kitchen.
She has one in every room.
They are up high and out of reach so
small kids can't get their fingers in .

They all have a cover too.




I wore my soccer shirt and Suellen was glad to hear that I like to play soccer. I was able to play with some of the nieghbor kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! This is cool. You'll have to name the paper doll and continue the adventures for us! This is great. : )
C whitford