Saturday, December 8, 2007

Flat Brylee is headed home


This is me and Suellen on the ferry. I call her Sohna when she is dressed like this. She only wears the head piece off of her compound (yard). When we arrived at their place in Banjul, she changed to regular American long skirts.
I didn't have to wear a complae because of my age. If I stayed longer I would have tried it. Girls don't have to wear a head peice.
Suellen took me to a few places in Banjul. I saw the president's arch. We stopped at a few store. One store uses bar codes and scanners for prices. Suellen said that store is only a few years old. She bought a nice padded envelope and fitted me out for my return trip to America. She thinks I should make it home well before Christmas.
Brylee and Mrs Eibel,
Thanks for giving me this opportunity to show Brylee The Gambia. I had a great time and hope she did too. Enjoy the package, I hope she arrives before the Christmas holidays.
Suellen
PS For those of you reading these blogs... the class is taking part of the Flat Stanley project. You can learn more about Flat Stanley at www.flatstanley.com

3 comments:

darlene said...

Dear Suellen,
I loved the visit of Flat... what was her name.. I think that is great my second year here in Mexico Flat Stan came for a visit too. It was fun to show him around. I was glad to take part in the adventure.

Anonymous said...

Maam,
I think you had a little too much fun with Flat Brylee. Of course, you don't have too much to amuse you there, so I'm sure you used that to have fun. Cute stories!
Sarah

darlene said...

Hey Suellen,
I liked your head dress I was thinking maybe you could send me one too. Then I wouldn´t have to wash my hair. By the way you look great...
dar