Monday, October 8, 2007

I AM HERE!

Okay, you haven’t heard from me in a while. There is a good reason. I went to the capitol, Banjul, for the weekend and got sick. I was so sick with Bronchitis and the low blood sugars, that my fellow missionaries decided I needed to stay there. I spent two weeks at the guest house. I am really praising God for providing that facility. It was so nice to have a place to stay that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. My medicine and medical exams over the past month have exceeded the price of my arms and legs. God has provided for all my needs and I praise him for taking such good care of me.

My friends in Ndungu Kebbeh were getting very worried that I would run off to America. I am very thankful that I was able to get the tests I needed done here. I am feeling better than I have in weeks. I am planning on getting back to work but taking things slowly with good periods of rest as it continues to be hot and humid. This is the time of the greatest illness in our area. Several of the clinic employees have been out sick the last few weeks. The month of the Fast is coming to an end. This will help improve the health of our neighbors.

Friday was a tough day for our staff as two children succumbed to cerebral Malaria. One child was the two year old daughter of one of our watchman and my house worker’s niece. Please pray fro the family as they mourn the loss of their young girl.

Thank you for your prayers. God is definitely at work here in The Gambia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are back home. my comp, is not bringing up any e-mails since 19/3,
yes, i agree take it slowly!

Dusty Penguin said...

Glad to hear you're feeling some better. I'm sorry to hear about the deaths of the children. That never becomes easy to deal with.