Friday, September 14, 2007

Taking Advantage of a Working Phone Line

I returned from Banjul on Monday of this week. My phone hasn't been working since Tuesday. So, since it is a bright sunny day (praise the Lord- our solar needed it), I am making use of a working phone line and solar!


This is Kumba, one of the gals I took shopping last Saturday. She is wearing her new uniform and shoes and is carrying her new book bag. Kumba was named after our dear friend Ruth Wood, whose Gambian name is Kumba.

The Islamic Month of Ramadan started. This is the month of fasting from sun up until sun down. It is a long month. Please pray for the believers as this is a time of much trial for them. I will be swamped with requests for cold and hot water, chocolate and juice. It is an interesting month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suellen,
Thank you for your blog and the photos. The pictures a great. I hope you are feeling better.

Love,
CarolB