Sunday, February 10, 2008

How often do you ask God to sell a cow?

I love the way God works in the lives of man and provides for our needs. He often does it before I know I have a need. Last week Ron Washer (our Regional Administrator) came for a visit. We were talking about the four units that are in the US on pre field to come to The Gambia. They are raising their prayer and financial support. Two have been on prefield going on three years. One has been working on it for two years and the other for a year. At times, the wait can be a little discouraging. As they are eager to arrive in The Gambia. I told Ron that while I was on prefield, I did not bring up money matters. I answered if asked and I prayed for God (the owner of the cattle on a thousand hills) to sell a cow. He liked that idea.

This weekend I have been working on the clinic finances. I need to get a budget done. (I have the figures now, I just need to enter them in the spread sheet..Hmm?) I was looking at the expected expense of running the clinic for a calendar year. I then looked at the bank account. They didn't match. The clinic has a rich history of God's blessings in supplying the needed funds by the end of the calendar year. It has been amazing to see the huge need dwindle as God sells a cow and works in the lives of man to provide the funds.

I was also working on the next medication order for the clinic. I have made orders in the past, but with out the knowledge of the amount in our accounts. I have found it difficult to make an order knowing the funds are not there for the full year. It will take faith in God, our father, asking him to sell a cow for the clinic ministry. Will you join me in praying for this need this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consider the prayers done. Keep up the good work. Hope you are still feeling good. We love you. Dorothy Jean