Wednesday, January 9, 2008


I often get asked if I decorate for Christmas. So I thought I would show you my house as it looks usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I like snowman. They remind me of home and the cold, which we are experiencing a bit of. Not to the degrees as in New York, but chilly enough for West Africa.

The snowmen in the middle top shelf were a gift from mom and dad a few years ago. My Gambian friends love them. If you push on the woman's hand they sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" as they jiggle a little. They all love to watch and listen to the 'dancing' figures.



Over the years I have made this cabinet look like a fireplace. But I was a bit lazy this year. The cabinet houses my batteries for the electricity I have. It has two 12 volt batteries inside. It is a nice place to show off more of my collection. Usually I have photographs on display there.



My Kitchen gets to be a bit festive too. It is hard to see but there are snowmen and snowflakes on the refrigerator.
The sad part is that my snowmen get really dusty by the time they are reurned to storage. My white snowman are now Gambian Sand off white. I will give them a good shaking and pack them away soon.


I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my house.
























No comments: