Monday, January 14, 2008

Wait three days... job is done in 10 minutes...

Yes, it is sad but true. After waiting three days to find some muscle, the plumbing problem is fixed. Alhajie showed up for work today and I took him up to the water shed. I asked him to turn off the water. He was able to do it, first try (I must have loosened it!) Then we stopped by Joanne's house to tell her the water is going to be off for a bit, hopefully I would have it done before her houseworker came to work this morning. I walked down to the lower shut off valve. It is in the ground and accessed by a plastic pipe sticking out of the ground with a plastic cap. Of course by now you probably have it figured out that I couldn't get the cap off. It took Alhajie a little bit of time, but he got it. Then it was a simple matter of unscrew the old faucet, tape up and screw in the new faucet. Turn on the valves and WAA LAA, the job was done. : ) Praise God the water supply is still good and Alhajie came to work on time (he usually does!)

Now I am off to work in the office. Paper work... who thought of that?

Have a good one.

No comments: