Friday, May 11, 2007

Departing

Wow, where did the time go? I am now past security awaiting my plane's boarding call. I have a bit of time as I allowed time to go through security and didn't need it. I have some medication that needs to be kept cold, that went through without even having to have the label read. Praise God.

I was able to talk with my brother this morning. My sister came down to Florida with Jessica to see me off, and pick up a car. Hmm, what exactly was the attraction? It was great to see them again as always and I am glad they are there for my mom and dad tonight.

The last 36 hours were filled with weighing bags and reweighing bags. It was such a job! I had 3 unused pounds. : ) Too bad I didn't bring those items I took out to make room on the home scale. They won't really be missed.

I have 24 hours of travel or layovers before I arrive in Banjul. It should be a long day. I have heard that the work crew is at work out in Ndungu Kebbeh and that my house is half tiled. The phone lines are down out in NK, so no emails. That makes the transition a bit harder, but if you remember back to when I first arrived in The Gambia, my phone was out for six weeks. I am not sure what the problem is this time. I will send updates when I hear something.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: