Monday, August 6, 2007

What a Morning!

Ever have one of those days? I woke up this morning knowing it was going to be a tough one. My cold isn't better. I set out to do what needed to be done.

The snake has died. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. The neighbors just hate that I have kept it thus far.

In preparation for the return of my coworkers, I called Joanne's houseworker to come clean. Boy, will she be glad I did. Lizard droppings were everywhere. I also started up her refrigerator. Not an easy task. I think the thing wants to die on us. Not good. But after much prayer and many start up attempts, a lot of sweat (that isn't hard to come by here) it finally started! PTL!! I put some water in her frig and freezer so she will have something cold when she gets home. I also measured a space for a bookcase. I had volunteered to do that when I returned last week. Opps, I apologised for my lateness.

Returning to my place to rest a bit, the effects of this cold have sapped my strength, the guard came to my door because someone had brought a siezing child to the gate. Now, everyone knows the clinic is closed. However, not one of our employees were in town to help this little one out. Thankfully, I was able to get a set of keys for the clinic and all though things were put away, I could do some rudimentary assesments for a fitting child and the medications were in the same place they were a year ago. Every thing came back to me. I called one of our drivers to come drive the child and family to Essau, our referal hospital. By the time the driver arrived I had given the child shots to stop the seizure, and for Malaria, the most likely cause. I couldn't check the blood because all the microscopes were packed away and I don't know where they put them. The child was stable when they left and I was able to pray quickly with the grandmother caretaker who is a believer.

Now, I am ready to start my day. : ) Praise God he goes before us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suellen,

Hope you are feeling better. Was hoping there would be an update on your health. Hang in there. You are in our prayers.

Dorothy Jean