Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My First Blog

I am new at this technology stuff. My goal in opening a blog site is to be able to inform my friends, prayer partners and family about the happenings in The Gambia.

I am currently in New York, for about 5 more days. I will then be heading south and leaving for The Gambia in May. I am so excited that I will be returning. My surgery has gone well and both hadns seem to be recovering well. I am building strength and have had no further pain. Praise the Lord.

I have had a cold since my arrival in New York on March 19th. I finally made it to the Dr. I have bronchititis. I don't think anyone is suprised. I am on some medication and at times I think I am improving.

In preparartion for my return to The Gambia, I have made the final rounds visiting some of my supporting churches, especially in my home area. FBC- Dunkirk, Cherry Creek First Baptist Church and Webster Bible Church. I have a few more presentations to doone in Farmington, New York this Sunday and One in Florida onthe 29th.

I have also made the rounds with the doctor, Travel Immunization Clinic, and dentist. That last one was a killer as I had to have an unexpected root canal and crown. God is supplying for my unexpected needs in unexpected ways. He is so good at that.

One area that continues to be a concern for me is my laptop. My computer is such a vital part of communicating with you all. I purchased a new laptop in August of 2006 and have had a series of problems with it. I think they are finally resolved. A friend (computer guru Steve) is checking it out for me. It has been a long 7 months with it in ond out of the repair shops. I would like to be able to rely on it before I head across the Atlantic.

Thanks for reading and thank you for praying.

No comments: